The magical season of .. cleaning?
With Christmas just around the corner, getting the house ready for the holiday is on everyone’s list. Whether you’re into cleaning or not, there is something magical about making the home shine this time of the year. Don’t you believe it? Here are some arguments that might change your perspective on cleaning in December.
- December cleaning means decking the halls—dressing up the house for the winter holidays is like bringing inside your home your most favorite fairytale.
- It will warm you up—vacuuming, dusting, cabinet organizing or any other chore you start with will get your blood flowing and increase your body temperature. If you still feel cold, make yourself a cup of hot chocolate, or why not, pour a glass of wine.
- You can play your favorite Christmas playlist the entire time you’re cleaning your own wonderland. You won’t even notice how time passes, you’ll only realize it when the playlist ends and your home is sparkling.
- Your home smells like pine trees or cinnamon or peppermint or cranberries. The winter holiday season is short, so go ahead and surround yourself with festive scents, anything from freshly fallen snow to pine forests is acceptable.
- Set the mood with the twinkle of string lights. Forget about the rules—clean when it’s sunny (so you can see all the dust) or clean windows when it’s overcast, etc. The gentle, dancing lights will make it all feel more special.
This is also the season to review your renters insurance policy, preferably before it starts. Need convincing?
- Burglaries – thieves like to take advantage of the hustle, bustle and distractions of the holidays to target homes. Having the policy can mean all the difference to your Christmas by having the insurance company step in and save the day.
- Seasonal fires – we all love the Christmas atmosphere with tree lights burning bright, scented candles (left unattended) and that lovely warmth and glow given by the fireplace. Butny of the above can cause a seasonal fire that can destroy or damage your home, as well as all the Christmas gifts inside. Renters insurance is a small price to pay for the peace of mind and protection it provides during the holidays (and throughout the year).
- Cooking fires – preparing that delicious menu for the family and friends can easily turn into a hazardous process, which can end pretty bad, even if left attended only for a few minutes. And even though your home might not be completely destroyed by the cooking fire, smoke and water damage can. Renters insurance can help cover the costs for alternate living arrangements while your home is repaired, as well as replace many of the items that were destroyed.
- Slips and falls are also common this time of year due to the snow and ice that come with it. One of your guests can slip, trip and fall right on your property and that will make your liable for their medical, legal and whatever other expenses, which can really drill a hole in your budget. Renters insurance will have your back.
Have yourself a merry winter season and remember to not wait until disaster strikes to find out you are facing two financial tragedies at once. The cost for a renters insurance policy is typically affordable, so make sure you’ll be able to benefit from it, should something unwanted occur.